Course Opens March 15th
6 Live Zoom Sessions, Starting Tuesday, March 22nd @ 1 PM ET USA
What is Appreciative Leadership? Appreciative Leadership is a positive, strength-based approach to the responsibilities and challenges of leadership. It draws on the principles and techniques of Appreciative Inquiry, a collaborative approach to personal and organizational development that focuses on strengths, possibilities, and successes and that can be far more engaging and productive than traditional problem-based approaches.
Outcomes: This webinar series will:
1. Introduce participants to the principles and techniques of Appreciative Inquiry and Appreciative Leadership.
2. Give participants concrete, positive tools they can use to apply Appreciative Inquiry and Appreciative Leadership to key areas in their work, including:
• Identifying and nurturing their own strengths as leaders.
• Leading and engaging staff and other stakeholders in positive, productive ways.
• Helping other staff members identify and nurture their strengths.
• Building effective teams.
• Awakening the creative spirit in staff and other stakeholders for short-term and long-term planning and development.
Appreciative Inquiry and the Montessori Way
An overview of the basic principles and techniques of Appreciative Inquiry and an exploration of how these relate to Montessori principles and practices.
Appreciative Leadership – Being Your Best as a Montessori Leader
An introduction to using Appreciative Inquiry to strengthen participants’ leadership skills by nurturing Inquiry, Illumination, Inclusion, Inspiration, and Integrity in their work.
Appreciative Coaching and Team Building – Tools for Working with Staff and Parents
An introduction to using Appreciative Inquiry to help individuals create and implement empowering professional development plans and/or to help teams (of staff and/or parents) work together effectively.
Appreciative Planning – Creating a Shared Vision for Your School
An introduction to using Appreciative Inquiry for organizational planning using the SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results) model
Appreciative Resilience - Leading during Challenging Times
An introduction to using the principles and techniques of Appreciative Resilience to support individuals and teams during challenging times.
Putting It All Together – Making a Plan to Implement Appreciative Leadership at Your School
A review of the course material and guidance on creating a plan to implement one or more of the covered techniques to your school.